Call it a fit of inspiration. Call it Poodle forgetting to pick up Mint leaves for our Friday night happy hour. Whatever you call it, call it tas-TAY! When in a pinch, a little Spearmint essential oil, in place of Mint leaves, kicks an average Mojito right in the bejangles.
So please enjoy our Zumjito recipe for your next drinking occasion:
- Fill pitcher 3/4 with ice.
- Add approx. 1/4 – 1/3 cup of sugar….get the ice nice and sugary!
- Add rum till it’s approximately 1/2 from the top of the ice.
- Add club soda till the ice starts to float.
- Add a swig or two more of rum.
- Add 3 limes, halved and squeezed.
- Add 2 drops of spearmint essential oil and stir well. (Ooh, Spearmint essential oil is also good for hiccups and flatulence. How convenient!)
- Add additional rum or club soda to taste.
- Garnish glass by dipping rim of glass in lime juice then sugar.
- Fill glass with ice and pour your Zumjito.
And there you are, friends– a cool, refreshing summer drink. Just like a liquid Mint Zum Bar!!! Well, sort of.
(And Indigo Wild takes no responsibility for the effects of the Zumjito, including spontaneous ABBA karaoking, oil wrestling, wearing mullet wigs or discussing the pop culture significance of slap bracelets.)